Is there a special place in Hell reserved for me because my daughter doesn't eat veggies everyday?

There are days when she doesn't eat veggies at all. She may just want pancakes all day, or toast with peanut butter. I've never pushed her to eat what she doesn't like. In fact, I always give her a choice as to what she wants to eat. So far, our lives are fairly drama-free. Since I am a single mom, I can be flexible in the meal department.

Am I going to Bad Mommy Hell? I mean, I'm already going to Single Mom Hell, but am I also going to the Bad Mommy Hell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, not at all. But you should help her develop a healthy diet. Early diet can have long term effects.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm already going to single mom hell. But really? You're setting her up for a lifetime of misery. Yes, special non-veggie eating hell for you.

Its your JOB as her mother to make sure that she stays healthy- and before you claim she is, have some blood work done. *shakes head* being a single mom is NEVER an excuse for being a slacker.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• LOL, If its true, Im going with you!!!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• im sure your not going to hell but you should be giving her veggies daily no kid is going to pick veggies over another choice. My kids dont get a choice at meal time they eat whats for breakfast lunch or dinner or they will be hungry later. My kids are big fans of veggies but they know they are eating them at meal time.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Well I am with a guy whos mom let him eat whatever he wanted and OMG he is so picky me and my kids eat seperate from that.....As a child I did become sick VERY sick because my mom let me eat this way and was hopsitalized.....AFTER that they became super strict even making me eat LIVER...gross!

I personally have days where my kids get to choose but other days I choose and I always make them try new things. My son is 7 and use to be so picky would not eat veggier and oh no he must learn to eat healthy the younger the better....Do what you wish but she is either going to get sick or just be so picky as she gets older and you will have yourself to blame for that monster.....

I educate my kids about food and whats healthy....We use to eat worse and I was like no I have to teache them how to eat or they will grow up not knowing....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My kids eat like that for breakfast and lunch. Two or three times a week we have a couple servings of veggies with dinner. I know how to eat healthy, I'm in Nursing school. I just can't afford it. We try our best :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If there is I'll be right beside ya.....trying with my new 9 month old boy to make them his only option so I hopefully won't have to fight him too....I will say one big thing that truly helped was making her eat them raw but dipping them in ranch....she will at least sometimes do that. And we are like see you didn't die....
    Accsmom

Answer by Accsmom at 3:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You are going to be living in picky eater hell. Letting a child choose what they are going to eat for every meal will probably come back to haunt you at some point. If you really have no intention of changing her habits, then at least add vitamins.
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 6:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No.........don't fall prey to 'mommy guilt'.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I don't let her pick "whatever" she wants for every meal...I give her a few options based on what I know she likes to eat. I don't give her candy and soda and other junk everyday...to her, a lollipop is a once-a-week treat. Hell, she doesn't even get juice (only milk and water). I am not using my single mom status as an excuse to not feed her veggies. I'm saying that she doesn't eat veggies everyday.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010