What would you do?

My Hubby's been home since Monday the 20th of Dec. He works away from home 4-6 weeks at a time, and when he's home it's for a couple weeks. Anyway, he will be leaving on the 3rd of January for another month, and we were wanting to have a date night, but it just hasn't happened because of being so busy. So, after talking it over we don't know if we should have a "family" night out, or just the two of us. We haven't said anything to our boys yet because we know what they will want. On New Years Eve we're getting together with friends, and all of our kids and having a fun night with all of them so that night will be a family thing.. I just don't want to leave them out, but then again, I want a little time alone with my Hubby before he leaves.. I'm so torn. What would you do?? Thanks ladies in advance for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I think if you're all going to be together for New Year's Eve, then you should also be planning a "date night" for just the two of you. Sounds like you really need it!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• you have your time with the whole family, do something fun, all of you.
    and when the kids go to sleep, you can have your time alone with the DH.
    or get a babysitter when they are sleeping and go out and do something yourselves.
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Have a date night with just your man...like the pp stated...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Me........

Date night alone with my husband.

Like others have stated, I'm sure you guys have spent quite a bit of time together as "a family" since he has been home. Time to spend some time just the 2 of you.. The 2 of you as Man & Woman (not mom & dad) enjoying each other's company, focusing on one another, taking the time to be just the 2 of you.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Date night:) Ok, you have children. But it wasn't the end of your romantic life (or it shouldn't be:). You will be together with the children on NYE and you were together a lot. But you are still a couple with your HB. You do deserve a night out:P It is important for you and for the kids as well. They can see that daddy still loves mummy that much to take her to a randez-vous:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 3:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• you have been having family days with him since the 20th. I say you need a date night with just your man.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• ALONE TIME WITH YOUR HUSBAND FOR SURE. After all your relationship is what holds your family together. ITS VERY IMPORTANT YOU TWO HAVE TIME TO RECONNECT, especially since he spends so much time away.
    Also, when he is away, have Skpe video chat dates. Its free and can mean a whole new level of communication that you didn't even know was missing!
    NikkiT81

Answer by NikkiT81 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I suppose it depends on who you want to accomplish in your life... or relationships.

Do you want your children to learn that it is not possible to have a relationship with one person if anyone else (that you know) is in the room? That is, more or less, the entirety of a 'date night' isn't it? The idea that it is impossible to have a relationship that doesn't involve spending money, or being 'alone' (often, strangely, in a crowded restaurant or theater) or at the very least by making anyone else who might be interested in your company or your life 'out of the way'... because they are, obviously, 'in the way.'

Do you think you'll look back on your children's lives and say 'I think we spent way too much time with them'?

Do you think your children are an impediment to your marriage? Do you think they won't discover whether or not you believe that?

Actions speak louder than words.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i say date night
    mercedes86

Answer by mercedes86 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Date night. You need time for yourselves.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010