does your child tell you when he/she has to poop or pee?

my son is 4 years old and he cracks me up!!

this boy will come running to me no matter what im doing or who im talking to and he will say with a straight face: "MOMMY I HAVE TO POOP" or "MOMMY IM GOING PEE"....
then i say ok and he says "I LOVE YOU MOMMY" while he is on his way to the bathroom or while he is going pee/poop........he makes me laugh........

sometimes i wish he would just go instead of telling me all the time but im kind of glad he does tell me because what if we are out in public and he just disapears? my first thought will be that he got kid napped,when he could just be going potty.....so im thankful he does tell me when he has to go!!

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is so funny! My daughter does the same thing! Exact same words! Lol she is 3. Normally she asks me to turn on the light for her and to wipe he butt. Makes me laugh :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• IF we are out in public, he tells me. At home, he just goes and never tells me. He has been wiping and going on his own since around 3 years old.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Same here. I don't know how many times a day that I get tired of hearing "I'm done" though.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• oh no no no see i have been trying to get my son to wipe his own butt for a very long time and its not working at all because his gag reflex is so crazy that he will throw up if its too much for him to handle.....so i also hear the never ending "im done mommy,come wipe my butt please".......................if he could just wipe his own butt after he gets done that would make things easier for the both of us lol.....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• M y kids haven't told me since they were about three. I would have no idea if they were constipated because I just never know when they go.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2010