dinne time at your house?

this question is because i just read a post about a mom not forcing her kid to eat veggies so i have to wounder how does meal time work in your house?
At our house dinner is what you get i make a meat, veggie, and a carb sometimes cut up a fresh fruit or it is a dessert which ever. But my kids are made to eat their dinner and they dont get special dinners made for them just because they dont like it. If they dont eat then they dont eat there plate gets kept till bedtime in case they wana go back because there hungry if they dont go back then they go to bed hungry. I was raised this way as was my husband we turned out fine. So do you make two meals just for your kids or do they have to eat what you make?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ours is about the same if I'm cooking. We always have "fend for yourself" days now when I don't feel like cooking but my kids are older. But basically it is "if you don't want what I made you don't eat" unless it really is something I know one of them doesn't care for and then i'll make sure there is something being served they do like or I allow them to warm up leftovers. But its a case to case thing and if they suddenly say they don't like something after eating it every other time...tough luck. My dad used to get on my case and told me I should allow them to make a PB&J if they didn't "like" what I made. Problem is my 10yo would do that for every single meal just to be difficult.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I dont make 2 meals but I do let my son put in put in as for what we should have. He picks out what veg we have so that I do not have to fight about him eating it. But most times it is a meat veg and a carb. dont do dessert but will have pop corn later when we watch a movie or something.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• When my kids were little, we made one thing and that's what everyone ate. Everyone was expected to at least eat the vegetables and fruit, the rest was up to them. If they didn't like what the main entree was, they were welcome to have a peanut butter sandwich. That was the only alternative. Now my kids are teens and my oldest doesn't eat any veggies but green beans but the other 2 love vegetables. Also, we never allowed them to have sweets or junk food if they hadn't eaten the "good" food first. We taught them the difference between junk and good food and I hope it stays with them!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I cook one meal for all! IF you choose not to eat however you do not get snacks after dinner! My kids are big snackers so I stick to that if they still do not eat...well...they will eat good at breakfast!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Mom2Just1- Love it! They're playing with their friends over there. Win.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I cook one meal for all. He can eat or he cannot eat. FYI: There, They're, and their is not interchangeable.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010