Where does Obama plan to get all this money for the things he is planning?

I know he has spoken of universal health care and such things. Then he mentioned that we live in the richest nation in the world (most in debt if you ask me). He also mentioned that we live in a democracy, but that is a whole different can of worms. So where does he plan to get all of this cash?

ColleenF30

Asked by ColleenF30 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama plans on taxing everyone he can. I just got my zogby survey and you should see the crap that he wants to do. He wants to tax people's savings - capitol gains, take away your 401ks, tax your insurance, tax, tax, tax. There will be nothing left and no incentive to try and acheive the American dream if the bastard plans on taking away everything you earn. He wants to take away your guns, control how your schools are run, in other words socialism. Govt controls everything. Move on.org is already telling him what to do. We are going to have to keep our eyes on everything he tries to sneak through.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• From US...the people that bust their humps everyday..get ready to fork it over all you Obama lovers!!
    Anonymous

• I dont think he has a plan. hes got ideas but no plan or money to back it. All we got was a bigger mess with a bigger shovel!!!!!!
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my mother and i were talking about this and even though his plan sounds good to some obama voters i really doubt there is any money left of the US to put into action. unless of course you are planning on taxing the people who are already taxed to much. everyone! so this is something i think he will have to swallow his foot on. it won't happen.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think the money will come from the raising of taxes. The one thing he could do that would help alot is to put more money into our own roads and bridges, which creates work and we can start digging out of this hole we are in. The stimulus package they are so anxious to pass should be broken down into an even distribution to each state.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• "A Commitment to Fiscal Responsibility: Barack Obama will pay for his $50 - $65 billion health care reform effort by rolling back the Bush tax cuts for Americans earning more than $250,000 per year and retaining the estate tax at its 2009 level."
    http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I truly hope that he will do what he said and that being to reorganize the government and eliminate those programs that aren't working and make ones that will work. I have no idea on the healthcare thing I think Clinton tried that and failed. I didn't vote for him but I hope he can do some of what he says. It's definetly not going to happen overnight.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• He will get the money from the same place that funds the wars in Iraq and Afghanastan. Let's hope and pray for all of our lives to improve. It would be nice if all of you nay sayers to not wish for more difficult times for your fellow neighbors and friends.
    Actress.Mom

Answer by Actress.Mom at 7:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• same place bush and congress got the $ when they decided that the bailout would be a bright idea..and constantly giving money to aig after they've gone on elaborate vacations and such...no 1 questions that though..its all about obama.
    mrsgibbs

Answer by mrsgibbs at 7:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Colleen, did you really believe any of the campaign promises??? Seriously, I told ya all, nothing is going to change. No matter what they say. Lighten up, don't worry about it. No, there will be no social security by the time we all get to retirement age, no we won't have universal health care, Yes, we will all pretty much be screwed, BUT that because of poor planning IN THE PAST! Not because we elected a NEW PRESIDENT. What the heck, this guy is going to try to clean up the messes that the past generations have made??? NO frickin way! No one can do that. Not McCain, Not Obama. Not anyone.
    Anonymous