serious question for the single parents raising kids....

im a 23 year old mommy of a very loving 4 year old little boy....me and his father split up earlier this year but ive been raising my son pretty much by myself because his father only cared about other things,like spending money on himself and on other things but never us.....
anyways,do you think my son will grow up to hate me because his father isnt around? or do you think it will just make our bond even stronger?

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it will make the bond stronger. Kids aren't stupid. When they get older they will know you were thinking of them, and being selfless, not selfish.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• me mother and i have a very strong bond because of things that have happened to me in my life as well as things that have happened to her........but im a girl,my son is a boy,i didnt know if that made a difference or not.....boys and girls are not the same on certain levels but when it comes to this kind of thing are they similar??
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My son is 4 also and I have been raising him for 3 yrs by myself this year his dad started to come around for visits and I think that my son knows that I am the one that has been there for him and I will not take off on him.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No, your son will not grow up hating you because his father is not involved. Just don't bad mouth his father and don't let anyone else badmouth his father. He is still a part of that man. I think it has made the bond stronger between my son and me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010