Son not being home!

My son is 4 yrs old and had to go with his dad for this week its making me sick to think that he has been gone 3 days and will not be home till Sat morning. What do other moms do when there kids are not home. I got no money so I can not go shopping or anything like that.

logansmom6106

Asked by logansmom6106 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Usually I get the house cleaned, bake and freeze cookies for later, read and read, sleep and sleep, and watch exactly what I want on the TV. Oh, and don't forget to take a nice hot bubble bath with the radio blasting on your favorite station!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Do you have any idea how many full-time mothers would give their eye teeth for 4 days of peace and quiet?

It seems to me, that whatever people have, they are masters at suffering with it.

You can choose not to, if you like. That's up to you.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Call him and see how he's doing. Enjoy the peace and quiet. Rent a good movie. Relax :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Man, what I wouldn't give for a week to myself (as a SAHM to 5). The closest I've ever had was 6 hours 2 summers ago when my older kids were in school and my husband took the youngest out of town for the day. It was so nice. I spent the first 2 hours cleaning up the house (which I never really got to do with the kids around) and then spent the rest of the day playing on the computer with no distractions. I was counting down the days until my youngest started kindergarten (which would be fall 2011) and then I got pregnant again. So now I have another 5 years until I get those blissful days to myself. I plan to get all my cleaning done early then watch TV, knit, go for walks, play games on the computer, etc. I'm sure I'll find lots to do.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• go to church for bible study.find something you love to do like go to the library or the park.
    service867

Answer by service867 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Enjoy it! My son goes once/month for one night to Grandma/Grandpas and I love it. My dh and I go out, see a movie, have a nice dinner,etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I am so board with out him home but i did get to clean the house get the xmas decorations put away and sat in the tub tonight for an hour. My house just seems so quit was nice the first couple nights now im running out of things that i want to do or need to do.
    logansmom6106

Comment by logansmom6106 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010