False Positives (rant)

I have been TTC for 7 months now. This month I thought that it had finally happened.
All this month I had slight symptoms of pregnancy (which I did my best to ignore because it has happened before and I wasn't)
A couple of days before my period I still wasn't having signs of starting, normally my breasts will firm up and become very tender a week before and I am known to cramp three days before my period. My husband talked me into using a test the day my period was supposed to start just to see and I took it just to prove him and wrong and low and behold I get a very faint positive line. I have never had one before and that got me excited but I held it in. The day after my period was supposed to start nothing and still no signs, so I went to use another test to see if I would get a firmer line and while peeing on it, dropped it into the toilet. (I'm amazing like that lol) Husband didn't find it funny though.
So I waited until the next morning and got a negative. By now I am three days late, I have one faint positive and one negative. I decide to wait a couple of more days to see what would happen... but I didn't need too I started my period the fourth day.
That false positive and being late really got my hopes up. I've never ever been that late, when I have it's by a day but I never worry about it because I have the symptoms of starting. -sigh- I'm getting discouraged with trying and just needed a rant...

Gnomeofmyheart

Asked by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, I got a false negative 2 days after my missed period. Finally, after 6 days I tried again and got a faint second pink line. Sounds like you could be, but I'd wait another couple of days to be sure and try again or go to a doctor for a blood test if you can.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear that. Just hang in there and try to stay positive. Good Luck
    dominique1108

Answer by dominique1108 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Oh gosh I'm sorry, I missed the last part I guess...didn't see that you got it at 4 days out. I'm so sorry. Hope next month is the last time you need to try.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I had 2 false positives.. one dark pinkline and then it faded out and I ended up having my period and then taking another test after and it was negative... so looks like I had a chemical pregnancy. It can happen but it shows your body does work and things are happening. Sorry to hear .. Good luck and Keep trying!!!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 4:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• That happened to me. I got a positive test, went to the doc 4 days later and got a negative. They did my blood work and it showed I was in fact pregnant, but my levels were so low. I started bleeding that night. They called it a chemical pregnancy.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I started my period so I doubt I'm pregnant and this isn't a miscarriage. I've had one so I know. This period is like any others heavy and clotting and lasting five days.
    Period was supposed to start the 24th, and didn't until the 27th
    Gnomeofmyheart

Comment by Gnomeofmyheart (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Thanks everyone, I just felt the need to talk about it, I know some have ttc for years and 7 months doesn't seem so long but it is when you want it to happen now.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Comment by Gnomeofmyheart (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• yeah but you should still check it out with your drx because i had a period for 3 mos and it turned out when i went to my drx i was 3mos preggo. be blessed
    Tylee7

Answer by Tylee7 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• False positives are EXTREMELY rare. Most women just think they had a false positive because their "period" starts when in reality it's an early miscarriage of some kind.

Read this info on why false positives are probably true positives: http://www.peeonastick.com/falsepos.html

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i am so sorry sweety... i really hope you the best the next time around... i'll cross my fingers for you.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2010