i have a hormon level question

Hi my name is Drema and i am 24 years old.. I have a question about my hormon level..

Ok here goes.. I got pregnant in mid october, and at about 5-6 weeks along i started bleeding. the next week the doctors (THINK) i misscarried.. that was the first week in dec. my first hormon level was 1972 then my second one 48 hours later was 1968 so they told me i was most likely misscarrying.. Well i bled for in total almost a month... an the other day i didnt feel well so i took another test and it came up POSITIVE.. So they did another hormon level.. and this one is Reading in the high 4000's... So my question is.. what should my hormon level be? i would only be about 3 weeks this time at the most.. Could i be re pregnant or STILL pregnant??

thanks!

DremaSue21

Asked by DremaSue21 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ok. I would guess you are in a new pregnancy. Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Sounds like it would be a new pregnancy. However, you will have to wait to have a sonogram to find out for sure. Not sure what all the different levels really mean though...
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• wow this is confusing but something similar happened to my friend. She was told she was miscarrying but the dr did not levels on her he was a clueless intern in the er who later on got in trouble for it. You do not verify a miscarriage by bleeding only. SHe was just one of the few women who get a big bleed during early pregnancy but never miscarry. She went home cried and all that as if she miscarried so the following month she gets no period. She was excited and thought okay my body made sure to get pregnant again. When she went to the dr (her regular obgyn) he did a sonogram and said you are about 9-10 weeks along. She never miscarried that baby.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2010