what is a reasonable curfew for my 17 year old daughter on new years eve

she has a 4.45gpa, has never been a behavior concern and does not drink. She will be with a small group of friends about 40 minutes from home. She will be driving home. I just want her to be safe and not out with the crazy people on the road. She is my oldest and I dont want to be unreasonable. Her regular curfew is midnight. On homecoming and prom she was allowed out until 1am.

hria

Asked by hria at 4:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would say 1 am. There is no reason for her to be out after that. Most ppl who party will be out to 2-3. But I think 1 is perfectly fair.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Do you have a state wide curfew for minors?? If you do , it might be safer for her to stay wherever she is going overnight, if thats an option. If you dont, I say 3 or 4
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I agree with genagina. 1am sounds like a good curfew.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I feel like after 1 she has more of a chance having a run in or accident w/ someone who's been out drinking!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Youre alot more generous then me. Mine were never allowed out passed midnight regardless of the night (other then prom). I think 1am is probably late enough. I always ask myself what good id going on at that time (time they ask to be out to). If nothing, then they can be home.

Answer by gemgem at 5:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We have a 11pm city wide curfew. She doesn't drink that you know of. The GPA does not mean that she cannot get run into by a drunk driver. If you are going to allow her to stay out longer, you should pick her up. Who is supervising her party? Parents are stupid. They wonder why their kids get in trouble. Believe me you should go there and pick her up. You should also check with the adults that are supervising. Kids think it is alright to party. Please step up and take responsibility.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• 12:30..... but that isnt the issue.

The issue is all the drunk kids/adults out on the road and she is a fairly new driver with slower reflexes. THe REAL issue is not her but the others she will be on the road with.
    Anonymous

•     I WOULD ALLOW HER TO COME HOME AT 2 OR 3  BUT I THINK YOU SHOUILD PICK HER UP

19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• State curfew here for a 17-year old is 11 during the week, midnite on weekends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Well in Md. a 17 y/o can not drive after 12:00 unless it is for work or a school function. So we have the kids spend the night or go pick them up our selves.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2010