Medicaid question

Trying to understand how they will cover my child who is 5 but not me and my unborn child. How does that make any sense. I've called and am waiting to hear back but is it likely this was just an oversight and the stupid guy missed that I was pregnant and that was the reason I was filing. How can they be different standards? The baby costs a hell of a lot more than the child so how do they figure we can't afford her but we can the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Good to the office. They are very nice most of the time and are usually very willing to help.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You can be covered but many departments are telling women who are qualified false information. If you do not list your unborn child's father you can be disqualified or if you do not name your oldest's father. But no reason you shouldn't get it. In my state, in March, there will be no more funds - the well has dried up. I am afraid for what will happen to both the recipients and the care providers. You can appeal, put him on notice, ask for the denile reason in writting, and send a copy to your representative as well as the state Medicaid office that over sees your local area office. Usually it is your state department of health.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 5:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Go to the office and find out...you should be covered because you are pregnant.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Good news. I got my medicaid card. Guess they put DD and i on separate letters and mine got lost in the mail somehow. Glad I don't have to deal with that headache. Thanks for the help ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2010