Is decaf coffee okay while pregnant?

I was drinking cup every morning and then the occasional latte from McD's. I bought some decaf, I am assuming it is fine. It seems like everything is bad for you while you are pregnant!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes its okay
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My doctor told me I can have decaf
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• you can have regular coffee you just need to limit it to no more then 2 cups a day. my dr told me to just limit my intake. I dont think i buy into the caffine is terrible for you. I dont drink or do drugs or even smoke so if having a cup of coffee is the worst thing i do while pregnant i dont think its that bad. but it will depend on who you ask lol.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Check out the labels. They will say if pregnant lady can drink them. But decaf coffee is fine usually.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My doctor said I could have both with caffeine and without. He said studies out there werent conclusive on the effects of caffeine and as long as I wasnt chugging a 6 pack of mountain dew it would be alright. I have 5 kids ranging from 22 to 5 yrs old and they are turned out fine.

Answer by gemgem at 5:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes, the caffeine is a drug and your baby can come out with withdraws, which is why they don't want you to drink regular caffeinated soda or coffee. But decaf is fine.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I drank regular coffee during pregnancy just not as much. I cut down on my pepsi too. Its okay to drink them just not as much.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 7:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2010