Can anyone help me turn off my new iPod Nano Touch?

My DD had to set it up for me and now that she is at her Grandparents for a few days, I don't know how to turn it off! I tried pushing the sleep button (as apparently there is NO on/off buttom) which has worked in the past, but won't work now.

Any suggestions?

jjamom

Asked by jjamom at 5:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Technology

• Is it a Ipod Nano or an Ipod Touch? There isnt a Ipod Nano Touch...

If its the touch (looks like an Iphone) there is a little black bar thingy on top of it. Just push it.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Thanks for the reply.

No, It's new. It's an iPod Nano with a touch screen. It's really small, like a 2x2 inch square (at most).

Here's what it looks like: http://screencrave.com/2010-09-01/new-ipod-nano-shuffle-touch-and-apple-tv-strategy/

I did finally get it go off, but I'm not sure if it actually went off or if the battery ran out. My DD just got one too and is confused by the lack of an on/off button, since it only has a sleep/wake button. I'm thinking something might be wrong with mine, though, b/c it is upside down, too. Weird...
    jjamom

Comment by jjamom (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Cool! I havent seen the new ones yet. I bed the button on the top right side is what turns it off. Push it again- if if comes back on then it isnt dead...then try to push it again to see if it goes off.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Try holding the Play button down.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010