bad puppy....

ok so my 7 month old american bull dog keeps peeing on our couch and bed...i know its gross but how can i get her to stop i woke up the othernight to her peeing with us in the bed im about to take her to a non kill shealter because i just cant figure out how to stop this and i really dont want to get rid of her we saved her from death and my hubby gave her to me on my b day and shes so sweet please help me

hedtrippe

Asked by hedtrippe at 7:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pets

• She needs to be crate trained.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• do you use puppy pads? and there is a spray that you need to get and spray it were she pees. you cant smells it but she can.American bull dogs are very smart dogs we breed them. was she house trained and just started doing this or has she never been trained?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 7:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Get her a CRATE. When you are sleeping she will be in her bed. Walk her before you go to bed and make sure you teach her the word, potty time.If she is using your couch for the toilet, you need to leach her and hook her to you. When she looks like she is going to potty, you head for the door, saying lets go potty. Don't let her pee anywhere but out side. Clean your couch with an enzyme cleaner that takes the smell of urine out of the furniture. "out" has one at the pet store and is safe for everything you can spray, ie carpet, furniture,blankets, walls, floors, even your bed. Make sure her crate isn't to large or she may pee in it. Don't forget the praises when she goes outside. Even treats are good for Good job well done.

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 7:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I wish I could tell you, but I wound up adopting an older dog because I didn't want to deal with that stuff... Heck, I raised two kids, I didn't want to go thru a dog too..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• HOw much exersice is your dog getting? I dont mean just walking around your yard - I mean daily walks or runs with your or your husband. The more your dog is outside the more it will know to go potty outside - that is how we took care of our dog's potty issue and the more tired your dog is the less i think you will have this problem
    Good Luck
    p.s watch the show "it's me or the dog" she is an expert with dogs and she address's this on her show with LOTS of different people!!!!
    MamaInky

Answer by MamaInky at 7:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• ok she is house trained for the most part and crate trained we try it at night but she whines because she knows we are there and i end up with no sleep but she wont even whine to go out at all just goes and pees our other dog wakes us up and she is 1 we give rewards when she goes outside but it isnt catching on i know shes smart she just doesnt get it when it comes to going outside
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 7:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Sounds like doggie is seeking revenge.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It can also be a territorial thing, I wouldnt let her on the bed any more, our pup did that twice, now she isnt allowed in the bedroom.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Sounds like doggie is seeking revenge

Dogs don't think that way.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i smacked my pups nose and wouldnt let him sleep in bed needless to say that stopped fast. also he only did it if we werent looking so when i would get in bed i would follow him and he stopped
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008