I said I'd never do it, then I became a mom...

During my first pregnancy, I had a list of things in my head that I'd *never* do. For example, I was pretty set on never leaving the house with dirty clothes, unshowered with no makeup - and then I had my son and that thought didn't last long hahaha

What are some things you said you'd never do, and then ended up doing once you had your child??

[inspired by http://www.circleofmoms.com/flat/10-Things-Moms-Never-Thought-They-d-Do?]

Vivi.C.

Asked by Vivi.C. at 5:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would never let my kid leave the house wearing a silly outfit or costume.
    Now I let her just be her sometimes and be happy wearing something crazy, it's not worth the fight every time!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• ds had the binky after the age of 1....that's about it. and it was because there was so much going on, dd was born, dh was deploying, going out of town, ect...other than that, i kinda kept to my "never" rules lol.

oh yeah, i remember saying i'd never put shoes with velcro on them...they would always be ones with shoelaces. they had shoelaces at first, but then we had a choice between Cars shoes and Thomas shoes when ds grew out of his old ones...DS chose Cars, and they were velcro. dd has them because she lost her shoe one day and we had to run to the store and buy her new ones...and they were the cheapest things we could find.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• That's a good one! My son has left the house with spiderman pjs and cowboy boots he got as a gift!
    Vivi.C.

Comment by Vivi.C. (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I had the same one with the clothes. We took 2 pirates to Wendy's the other day for a frosty. lol
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• nevr go long without my eyebrows being waxed, get excited over houseshoes, let my children pick out their own clothes or wear hand me downs, and here i amin my great ne christmas houseshoes with eyebrows that look liek groucho marx while my child wears hand me downs she picked out LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I said I would never say "because I said so", that I would never bribe a child to be good in public, I'd never use a leash thing, I would never yell at them, never even raise my voice, oh I was going to be a perfect mom! Actually, with my first I came pretty close, then number 2 came along. My sister once told me she really loved my youngest son, because without him, I would have gone through life thinking I was a perfect mom, but he came into my life and made me realize what real life was like!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Pretty much everything I said I would NOT do, I have kept to that. He quit the binky at 10 months, weaned on his own at 12 months, potty trained at 3 years, etc. I do not bribe my son and feel it is a bad habit to start.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• momspit their faces. I try to actually use their own spit, lol
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 8:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2010