Any one agree or no?

Didn't mean to go so overbaord posting here on CM about checking your smoke detectors, but apparently a few people are irritated by my posting it so "fu*king" much.

As I said, The Cafe Mom team knows how to thin out my postings if need be, and perhaps place my bumps or votes up in the right places.

But with so many home fires destroying homes AND LIVES in every US city, it is a nice reminder to check your home smoke detectors, carbine monoxide and fire extinguishers to make sure they are all in working order.

Maybe. Just maybe I helped save a life and a home tonight, who knows........but for those whom don't think about checking things unless SOME ONE reminds them.....accidents like that happen....

IF ONLY I had checked the smoke alarms and detectors....IF ONLY.

IF ONLY I had reminded them.......see?

Now I can't say...IF ONLY I  HAD REMINDED THEM ABOUT IT........cause I DID!!!!!

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 6:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• clapping

Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Who ever swear need a chill pill but a few of the post would have been fine but over a couple dozen was a bit over board
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• bow down

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• good

TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• IT is not a problem to post something you think it is important. But if you read any of the forum etiquette than you should know by know that CM has different themes/ categories to post a question. So if you want to ask a question (yours wasn't even a question) than you can find a topic for it. like Fire awareness = home or maybe general parenting. But post your post (not even a question) into all category is more like overwhelming and I would say silly. I just ignored all of your posts except this one because there are many annoying people up on CM questions because of the holiday. So yours didn't add or take away from the holiday psycho...

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I posted 19 times.....not a couple of dozen. I counted
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• For the sake of maybe saving a life.......OR reminding friends here online to CHECK their detectors.....I think one was not enough, thats all!

Glad everyone can see the posts......it IS important to DO!
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i posted the question last week or week before
    "get off your butt, pull yourself away from cafemom and check your smoke detectors"
    no one said anything bad
    everyone thanked me
    and some laughed about the pull yourself away from cafemom part
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• See fiatpax......I saw that post........I kinda chuckled.......but it makes you THINK about it and then most DO check.

I've just seen on the news here and other cities I check where friends are news online for the city and its sad.......lives can be saved by just checking them to make sure they work properly and batteries are new.......every 6 months or so to check them.

Glad you had positive responses.
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010