Start using regular water for 9 month old's formula, after always using "baby-water"?

I've been using baby water (that purified Gerber "pure" water sold in the water isles, for mixing with formula) since my son came home from the hospital (told to by the NICU nurses.) He's 9 months old now -- is it okay to make his formula now with regular tap water (he has no health issues), or should I keep on using baby water? Or does that depend on something else? (The baby water is cheap, but it's in gallon jugs, and I'm a single mom and live in a 2nd floor apt -- NOT convenient when trying to carry the baby and groceries both upstairs!!)

Jill97

Asked by Jill97 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get yourself a Brita pitcher and use that

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I always used filtered tap water when making my kids formula, but we only used bottles on rare occasion.

Answer by missanc at 6:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If you want to use tap water than buy a water cleaner and a cattle. The water cleaner clean up the water and the cattle boil it so all the bacterias can hurt him will die. Do not use tap water strictly from the tap. Clean and boil it before you use it.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Its pretty much the same thing unless u have no flouride in your tap water in your area in fact tap water goes through the same filtering bottled water does. but if it makes u feel better a extra filter cant hurt but personally i think he/she should be just fine with the tap water
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• so what does a brita pitcher do? take out everything that the "baby water" process takes out? Or puts in? -- makes it the equivalent of baby water?
    Jill97

Comment by Jill97 (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have formula fed 5 kids over the last 10 1/2 years and never used anything but tap water and lived in 4 different states while they were little. IMO if the tap water is good enough for me it's good enough for baby (and we all drink the tap water here).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2010