Cloth Diaper Detergent

I just started Cloth Diapering (CD). I absolutely love the switch. I am using bumGenius 4.0 pocket diapers. I am having a hard time figuring out what detergent to use. I dont want to have to buy it off line, inconvenient and shipping is expensive. I live in a small town in MN, half hour away from target and walmart. Any suggestions on what kind of detergent I should use? Or does anybody know where to buy online for cheap? Thanks

brikay1

Asked by brikay1 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do not use Ivory or Dreft. I use Rockin Green which I buy online but I only use it for the diapers. I make my own detergent that I use for everything else.

Here is a chart that rate detergents for cloth diapers. If you don't want to shop online, find one that has a good rating that you can find in your local stores. You might have to shop at a health food store.

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/detergentchoices.htm#M
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You could try Dreft.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Ivory or dreft
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 8:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We use Charlie soap. If you have a whole foods or a natural products store they probably have it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010