small wedding?

Did anyone have a really really small wedding? Did you enjoy it or regret it later missing out on the big wedding experience?
We are talking maybe just my son his daughter his parents my mom my best friend and her hubby and maybe his aunt.
When I was younger I wanted the big dream wedding but now I am 30 and it just seems like a lot of stress.
This is a first wedding for both of us.
Thanks!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• congratulationsCongrats to you :) My DF and I are planning our wedding, and although we would like to keep in small and intimate it just is not going to happen. We would have too many upset people!!

TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I've found, for me, that my dreams are different in each season of my life. If you had a little girl's dream and you feel that now something different is your dream.... live your dream!! If small and a destination is your dream now - then make it so awesome!

I was only 19 when we married and we did the big wedding and I am thankful that we did but it was pretty stressful and so much went so fast that I would do things differently now. My priorities are quite different now at 39 than they were at 19, though :)

Most importantly, congratulations!! I know your day will be the most awesome day you could ask for! :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I look back at our wedding, and I wish I had just had our immediate families and friends. We only had 60 people, but it would have been better with less. You have the right idea. Congratulations.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I had a big wedding. To be honest I don't think it's worth the money. Have a small nice wedding and put the rest of the money towards a honeymoon, house, furniture ect... There are so many other things you can do with the rest of that money.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We had a medium size wedding. You need to do what is best for YOU two. After all it is ONE day in a life time.  Picking the right fella is the most important part.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• we had a small wedding(i'm a second wife)..and it was fine with me...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 7:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We had 250 people at our wedding. We loved it!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• For the ceremony, it was just our immediate families (both sets of parents, siblings & siblings-in-law, neices & nephews). The reception was "open" to more friends/extended family but not a whole lot came. I wish we would have done it different, even though we couldn't afford it - I wish we'd have invited everyone to the ceremony and done the dress & food different.
    Anonymous

• i had just immediate family and a couple of friends maybe 30 people at the most (i have 4 siblings) we had a great time there was no one who didnt get spoken to it was more intimate
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 10:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We planned for a big wedding and got a small wedding. If anything, I regret the amount of money my mother spent. She spent way too much for the small amount of people in attendance.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2010