When you fight, Do you threaten Divorce??

In all of our almost 12 yrs of marriage, I have done that once. And he called his employee crisis line and got us into marriage counselling. Basically it was someone that mediated our arguement, I highly recommend it!! Anyhow, My sister cries and says she wants a divorce Everytime they fight. It is silly cause he doesn't believe her anymore....... So, Do you yell, " I want a Divorce" during your arguements?

eluc

Asked by eluc at 6:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• No, but I do say I want him to go away. I do need my space.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No, I don't think that is a threat that needs made. I would never say it unless I meant it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• nope
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i would never just say it I would just leave and do it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Nope..

Not during our 25 years of marriage has that happened. When he was drinking, when he had a one night stand, when I was emotionally abusive.. I could go on and on.. lots of things can happen over the span of 25 years (good & bad..lol) ................... Neither one of us ever threatened divorce just because we were angry and fighting. We've never threatened. Even when I made him move out, I didn't make threats or say things that I didn't mean or wasn't willing to back up.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• never
    girllovescamo

Answer by girllovescamo at 7:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• we've been married almost 2 years, and i have said it once. it was when i found out he cheated emotionally and i meant it when i said it. but we worked it out and i have never said it again.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We have spoken about it but no I don't yell I want a divorce. I do let him know that if I find out he has crossed a boundary I will file for divorce.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• never
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 7:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• In the begining of our marriage we fought a lot, and were both genuinly unhappy. I did say it multiple times, but then it finally hit me that I needed to decide whether we were going to make it work or not. I decided I would stop allowing the idea of divorce into my head let alone say it, and now years later we are genuinly happily married. Its a very damaging thing to say in a marriage.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 7:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010