Can anyone suggest a song to sing/hum to my infant at naptime/bedtime?

I'm running out of song ideas and there are only so many songs I can make up. haha

wyattsmomma77

Asked by wyattsmomma77 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to sing Lullabye in Blue to my cousin's kids (when I babysat them) and then to my own kids.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• you are my sunshine, lullaby and goodnight, this little light of mine, you can really use any song, I also make up my own songs personalized for the babies, my kids love it, having there names in there. Twinkle twinkle little star. Google lullabies Im sure you will find a ton.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 7:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• thanks :) now that the little one is finally down for a nap I will look some up. I know some but was wondering what works best :)
    wyattsmomma77

Comment by wyattsmomma77 (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• This may sound crazy, but I was the same way one day, and started singing the Oscar Mayer ads from tv. My balogna has a first name, it's O s c a r, my balogna has a second name it's M a y e r. Oh I love to eat it every day, this is why I have to say, that Oscar Mayer has a way with b a l o g n a. It worked. He went to sleep. From then on, that's what I sang him. Second favorite became. Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer weiner. That is what I truly like to be. For if I were an Oscar Mayer weiner, Everyone would be in love with me.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I've sang Jesus Loves Me to all of mine - except instead of "me" I use their name.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 7:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I made up my own and have sung it to all 3 they all know and love it
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 7:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I sing "When you wish upon a Star"
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I use to sing my son "I wanna be loved like that" it was mine and the hubbys song when we were daten and we use to sing it to him when he was in my belly
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 7:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I just made up one for my daughter. It was...Little Erin...Little Erin...I Love you...Mommy Loves You Erin...Mommy Loves you Erin...Yes I do...Yes I do. She would look up at me and smile and then soon after, she would fall asleep. Wow I miss those days... she is 4 1/2 now. Cherrish every moment. =-)
    ErinsMomma1

Answer by ErinsMomma1 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• "baby mine" from Dumbo, always loved that one
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2010