14 year old is going to his buddies for a New Year's Eve sleepover, they are good kids, should I be nervous?

DS is with a few kids that are good kids, yet they are teens, and teens do what teens do. Am I being paranoid???

cerealmom2

Asked by cerealmom2 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Are the parents going to be home? I would make sure I actually talked to the parents to make sure they're on the same level of thinking as you.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Um, have you talked to the parents' of the child who is hosting the sleepover? That's your first step. Secondly, you check up on them. Verify the parents are there. I used to do that all the time. If the parents weren't home and someone had lied to me (yes, even parents do that sometimes).. I went over and picked up my child. Even when they were teens. They had rules and they followed them.... End of story. Be on top of things Mom!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• you would be insane not to worry
    not to check to see if parents will be supervsing
    good teens or not = still teens, and all teens make poor choices given half a chance and a reason like a new years party
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• maybe have a adult supervise them.
    service867

Answer by service867 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Check with the parents. If no parents, no party. Make sure parents have the same rules that you want your child to follow.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• They are good people, but I remember when I was a teen and I was down with anything I could get away with. That is why I am concerned.
    cerealmom2

Comment by cerealmom2 (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• no ur not being paranoid i did all kinds of crazy stuff at 14 and I was great kid, just make sure they is adequate and trustworthy parental supervision.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Has he been friends with this kid for awhile? Do you know the parents? I don't think you are paranoid at all. Just verify all the info b4 he goes. And I would call him @ least 1x in the night t make sure he is thinking baout you.
    CrazyBusyX4

Answer by CrazyBusyX4 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• YOur home or someone elses?
    Anonymous

• Bad things happen to good people. I would be very concerned. Have you talked to the parents to make sure that they will be home, that there will be no alcohol and the parents will be there at all times? If not, my teen would not be going..good family or not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010