If you initiated the divorce...

How did you go about it? What was the first step and how did you tell him? What was the final straw that made you realize it wasn't going to work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• He wouldn't get a 2nd job and he needed to. I asked him if our power was going to be turned off, would he then? And he said no. My Mom was basically taking care of our child while I worked full time while he sat at home. I told him that my daughter was more important to me and I wasn't going to take care of him and her, and he also had a drug problem. So I went and got an attorney and filed for divorce and never looked back.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I got a job (I had been a SAHM for 8 years), found a rental townhouse that I could afford on what I would be making, then told him when I would be moving out. After I moved out (with my kids) I contacted an attorney to initiate divorce proceedings. We had already been through marriage counseling for over 6 months with no progress, I planned my departure over the span of 3 months with the help of the marriage counselor who had agreed with my decision to leave.

Answer by missanc at 7:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2010