poop question

Ok my 4 month old's poop has smelled really funny the past two days. Yes I know poop already smells funny but it has a VERY unusual odor....sorry if this is TMI but it's like vomit. Is this normal? He's been out of the norm fussy lately for about a week now. Not extremely fussy, I just thought he might be teething. Is this something I should tell the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you added anything to his diet or changed his formula....that could do it. um other than that...i would ask my doc if for nothing other than peace of mind.
    JuliaDanielle

Answer by JuliaDanielle at 7:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• yes tell your Dr. on the next appointment, but i wouldn't schedule an appointment just for this. Maybe even document the smell, texture and color for your doctor so he has a good idea of what is going on with your baby.
    Poop is an odd thing - my 7 week old is stricktly on formula and yet still has seeds in his poop - where is that coming from? - but it's just the way our bodies break things down.
    Maybe try giving him a little prune juice which will clean his system out - definalty dilute it with a little water or apple juice.
    Good Luck!!
    MamaInky

Answer by MamaInky at 7:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• well he is on baby food for about a month now and hes actually on prunes right now...I dunno it is just weird to me cause I have never been one to get grossed out while changing a diaper and I want to throw up with the ones he's had the past two days.
    Anonymous

• Does it have like an aciddy/sour smell? My son has it and it comes and goes...I've heard it's from teething. He had it for a week straight and I found his first tooth yesterday!
    Anonymous