need to shed a couple of pounds

okay not a couple , i meant around 25-30 pounds. its all the pregnancy fat basically (my baby is 6 months btw). i know it will take time because it took 9 months to gain it, so obviously it'll take 9 months to a year to get rid of it. the gym ive recently joined is pretty good. but they dont have really good trainers. so basically no one to guide me really.
so what should i do first to loose all that weight (i have cut down on starchy and fatty food. eating real healthy. but i have stopped breastfeeding so can't loose more because of that)
i run on treadmill and do abs and thigh exercise on machines. is that good or should i just do treadmill and elliptical and skip the machines because i don't want to get bulky.. any tips please ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• cardio. Make sure you challenge yourself past what you feel comfortable! Also, research HIIT training. High intensity interval training. On a treadmill, it would be doing sets of sprints separated by jogging. It burns more calories, and is proven to help with endurance. Only do it 2ce a week. As for weights, lift a lower amount of weight with more repititions (like instead of 20lbs 8 times, do 10lbs 16 times).
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• HIIT is a very good interval training routine - definitely look it up as suggested above. Also definitely do strength training - it will increase your metabolism. Focus on exercises that work multiple muscle groups like squats and lunges which work both your core and legs.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• lol buy a wii and play it that is what i did we have the wii fit and i got the dora fitness game and my four year old i i play it everyday and i have lost seven lbs in a week it is really fun u can even hula hoop on it lol
    mom_of_2_girlz

Answer by mom_of_2_girlz at 8:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• WII sounds fun for excercise but for food, replace 1 meal with Konjac noodles, i did that and I lost 20lbs in 1 months. dinner was a healthy dinner, portion was the key. Breakfst i had things that ave me energy for the day.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:02 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Take the 90 Day Body By Vi Challenge. It has been amazing for me and my hubby and they have tons of online support, recipes and training!! My friend lost 20lbs in her first 90 days, hubby lost 10 his first 2 weeks and a friend cut his diabetic meds in half on top of losing weight :). It has def been a lifestyle transformation for us!!

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 2:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Try walking. Lifting weights at home. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:02 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Nice to hear that you know it will take time, and not happen overnight. If you are patient and let it come of gradually, you are more likely to keep it off. Just watch your calorie intake, alternate with cardio, stretching, weights, and toning exercises and drink lots of water and get rest. It will come off.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• cardio & weightlifting
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Cardio is probably the best. You don't want to just start using machines that you don't know how to use properly and hurt yourself.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2011