why have i been spotting for 4days now?

Im 5wks pregnant and my second child! this first i had some spotting after the first sono.
this time i haent even made it that far and i been spotting for several days now. i was told if its red and alot then be concerned but its brown and light like you very very last day of
your menstrual when you stopped but not really. im really worried this time. am i going to be ok is this normal??!

nwmthr

Asked by nwmthr at 7:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Totally normal. If it becomes heavier or, as you said, turns bright red, call the doctor.

Congrats, by the way!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I only spotted after a pap at around 9 weeks but yea i heard if its not red than no need to worry. I spot when i have implantation bleeding as well. I was fooled into thinking it was my period came on early until it only lasted a day and it never came back it was pinkish not red though. A week later tested positive.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I had that happen. It was only 2 days... but it is the placenta attaching itself to your uterine wall.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• well i started spotting lightly at 4 1/2 wks with my 3rd baby (current) and i ended up finding out it was because of low progesterone at 5 wks so i had to be on progesterone until 11 wks. There are several reasons that it can happen tho. Some women spot for no reason but not commonly. If u are there is USUALLY a reason, but not always severe. Just talk to ur dr and get checked out if it continues!
    kness7

Answer by kness7 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2010