picky eater!

my daughter will be 2 in march and she hardly ever wants to eat! she picks all day and i know they say not to be too concerned about it as long as she is staying hydrated and what not but it still concerns me! i buy her pediasures just to be sure she is atleast getting some nutrition! anyone else have this problem and if so what do you do about it?

psylees_mommy

Asked by psylees_mommy at 7:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• feed her granola bars, fresh fruit
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 7:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• sit her down for regular meals, don't tolerate complaining, and feed her if you have to.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My son was the same way and he still is. He is going to be 12 and he is very healthy, active and developmentally he is doing excellent. He still eats this way. When he was little I was very concerned as well because he would eat small amounts all day, although he was always eating healthy foods, like fruits, veggies, yogurt, ect. As he got older he does eat meals now, like breakfast, lunch and dinner, although he never eats a lot at these meals and he still has snacks in between meals.

I understand how you feel and all I can say is as long as she is eating and is healthy and growing then don't worry. She will never starve herself because kids don't do that and letting her eat when she feels hungry is a great thing.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• pediasure is really a crutch..... I think the 2nd ingredient is sugar? It's not realistic to expect a child to drink that and then be expected to eat steamed broccoli, boiled chicken breast, and sliced berries. As long as she's not under weight you might be doing more harm than good. Bellies fill up QUICK on liquids. Especially ones that are sugar water with vitamins mixed in.

It's cool she "picks" all day! Let her graze, some peoples bodies work like that. Once she starts school, preschool, whatever an eating routine w/ meals will work out. At the grazing sessions have awesome colorful nummies and stuff to dip and be interactive with. good luck!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• anna, i do make her breakfast lunch and dinner and i do sit her down at her table..she picks a little but i don't think its right if i make her sit there and force feed her. i'm not positive but i would assume that can cause major eating anxieties when she's older.. but thank you anyways.
    psylees_mommy

Comment by psylees_mommy (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010