I had sex last night and...

afterwards I had BAD cramping all night long. It was awful, I couldn't sleep and I had to lay on my sides. Is that normal? I'm 20 weeks.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yep normal. sucks don't it! :)

sex (well specifically you having an orgasm) releases ocytocin which can cause contractions.
    Anonymous

• oh ya i remmeber those days it sux sometimes they got so bad i got sick from it! and i was like no more sex for awhile lol
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• yes it's normal, i wouldn't suggest not doing it anymore because it is uncomfortable ( what do you think labor is gonna be like?) but try different postions ( like from behind or something) that is what helped me. Also if you don't want to have intercourse due to the pain, try to have oral sex. You might feel better with less pain..
    Good Luck!!!
    MamaInky

Answer by MamaInky at 8:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Mama, I know what labor is like. Thanks... I also know what 40 hrs of labor, forcepts and an emergency c-section is like and another c-section for a still born is like. I'm also having another c-section so I don't have to worry about labor this time
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• ( not being rude)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• was it from orgasm or just because it was "rough?" not too go into too much detail but those two things can make you cramp too... it's not really a biggie just try to go easy so that it isn't as irritating ;)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 9:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• oh my god the cramping NEVER ENDS!! im only 3 weeks behind ya and yeah, THEY HURT LIKE HELL! makes me not wanna have sex
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It really wasn't from either, It wasn't rough and I didnt orgasm this time... So what the heck
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• LOL; I don't know hun... I have talked to many pregnant women and some just cannot have sex. With my daughter not only did I not want to, it friggin felt like someone was stabbing me at times... with the lil guy and this one both I am a crazed maniac for it.. the hubby thinks it's funny!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008