Suggest a good wine

We want to try out different kinds of wines and really have no idea where to start. Im willing to try anything. Mostly need a good brand to start off with

chanelsparkels

Asked by chanelsparkels at 7:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think the "new" trend is the Argentinan Malbecs.

But if you are new to wine google around and find a wine bar in your area that does tastings.  Then you will know what YOU like and can go from there.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If you're just starting, you'd probably like the sweet wines. I've discovered Malbec over the last 2 years and it's become a fav of mine. I guess it would depend on whether you like white or red.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Whoa sahlady! We need to get together! LOL! I must've been typing when you posted your answer.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• German Reislings are good.
    Chardonnay's are good.
    If you like white wines.
    I like White Zins.
    I like Biltmore house wines only because it is a state industry (I live in NC)
    I can't stand anything made with muscadine grapes (too sweet to me).
    I like Lambrusco for Reds - made by Runite and very sweet red.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Go to a local wine store, they will help you out. White zinfadel or Savignon Blanc might be a good place to start. Lambrusco would be a good start for a red.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Remember that a cork doesn't mean better and expensive doesn't mean better either.
    twinsplus2more

• Chardonay
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• One of my favorite cheap wines is the Black Opal brand. It is like 6 or 7 bucks and really good! I like the Shiraz-Cabernet blend.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Do you have any local wineries? Thos are a great place to start. You can go and actually sample the wines they have for like .50 - $1.00 and you will get an idea of what kind of wine you like. Then you can branch out from there and try other kinds from the grocery store.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Franzia
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2011