How do you wean a one year old off a bottle????

My daughter is one year old and I would like to wean her off her off the bottle. Please help me.

ProudMommie83

Asked by ProudMommie83 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always let m kids decide when to wean
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• First you need to make sure she is using a sippy or a regular cup first then just toss them in the trash. and go exclusively sippy or cup.

Answer by louise2 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• @ Louise2: I went and purchase Gerber Sippy Cup and two with a rubber mouthpeice on it.
    ProudMommie83

Comment by ProudMommie83 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Just start giving her a sippy cup. I never gave my kids anything but formula in a bottle so it was very easy, we introduced milk at 9 months (in small amounts) in a cup and juice (watered down and in small amounts) all in a sippy cup. By the time the boys hit their birthday they were just done with the bottle and it was actually hard to get them to take the bottle to get their formula toward the end.
    goorob

Answer by goorob at 7:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We just took it away! We gave him a sippy cup durring the day and that was it! It was easy as pie!
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 7:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I just started giving her sippy cups the day of her first bday, i washed all the bottles and into my closet they went! she took to the cup, and learned to use a straw so she has 2 nuby "flip 'n Sip" cups. she loves them.
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It may take a day or two of crying and being fussy but i just took the bottles away from my LO's. Just make sure she knows how to drink out of a sippy and then toss the bottles. good luck
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My daughter drinks out a straw, out a sippy cup (juice only) and out a water bottle. Just when it comes to her milk in her sippy cup she doesn't want it. I've tried to give her a sippy cup for a day and my grandmother gave her a bottle lol.
    ProudMommie83

Comment by ProudMommie83 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• sippy cup...or regular cup
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• @ L0vingMy3Girls: She knows how to drinkout a sippy cup when it comes to juice, drink out a straw and drink for a soda/water bottle.This is 2011 that bottles are getting tossed out time to start a new thing for her lol.
    ProudMommie83

Comment by ProudMommie83 (original poster) at 2:51 AM on Jan. 1, 2011