How can keep my son occupied while Im on bedrest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Call all your family and friends together, ask for help. Most people will be happy to help you. If you are too shy to ask a group for help, ask a close friend or family member to get the word out. Think of all your friends and family, if each of them takes your son for one or two days, that should be enough to keep him occupied. I am assuming that dad will be homw at night and can take over.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• How old is he?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Oh.... I've been there, and it's not fun! How old is your son? I was on bedrest when my son was around twenty months... we read a LOT of books, did a lot of drawing/colouring, and watched a lot of movies together. I was also lucky enough to have family in the area who could come down and take him out occasionally so we didn't go totally nuts! Hang in there, I know it isn't fun!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• hes 4
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• what are you on BR for??..and how long??
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Read up on it, there is no evidence that strict bedrest is necessary. There are lots of things you can with your son that doesn't require much activity. It can help a lot if someone can make the room you will be in child proof and have things in the room your child can reach for you to do together. I had to be in bed while pregnant the last couple months and for about 3 months after the baby was born. I was on IV medications for months, had broken bones, pneumonia, septicemia, cancer, and other medical problems. In some cities church groups will help and there is an organization for mothers on bedrest that has chapters in large cities. If money isn't an issue hiring a college or high school student to help in the afternoons can greatly reduce stress.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2010