Deep tissue massage?

I got a spa day as one of my gifts from my husband for Christmas, but I'm not exactly sure what type of massage to get. I have a few knots in my back and an all around tightness in my upper back. I thought maybe sports massage, but that says for sore muscles. I'm not sore from working out.....just my back has been screwed up ever since I was pregnant. For those of you who get massages, what advice can you give me? Thanks in advance!

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• If you get one the deep tissue will make you really sore since they really manipulate the muscles. Get a reflexology massage.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I thought reflexology dealt more with calcium deposits and what not? Will that work out that knots? It feels like someone has stringed attached to my shoulder blades and is always pulling them together.......so painful. No matter how much I stretch I can't get rid of this pain. Now, I'm not completely out of shape either. However, pregnancy did a real number on my back and ever since then, I'm always in pain. I also plan on getting a new mattress, because I believe ours is too soft and only adding to the problem.
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I get a deep tissue massage every 2 weeks for 1 houreach time.It always makes me feel so much better,I also have a problem with tightness in my back,shoulders,and neck.My therapist also uses hot stones on me.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• lucky you that sounds so nice.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Deep tissue is great. You can let them know how deep you want them to go, or signal if they are hurting you.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• KTMOM.....so deep tissue can help with the knots? I sure hope so! Mama needs relief!! lol
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have found deep tissue massages to be too rough; I'm sore for days afterwards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Deep Tissue is fantasic!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2010