What are some ways to get motivated to get active?

I am 24 weeks pregnant, and I know I should be doing some kind of little exercises to stay active I'm just so tired all the time and cant seem to get motivated. What can I do??

babyjsmom11

Asked by babyjsmom11 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• One of the main things is to find something you enjoy. You don't need to do a lot at first. Start out small, say walk around the block, and gradually increase. It helps to have an exercise buddy, so if you and a friend set a time a few days a week to walk, then you will be more motivated. Or look at the exercise offerings at the college or Y, maybe some kind of dance would appeal.

Answer by Bmat at 8:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Thankyou great advice :)
    babyjsmom11

Comment by babyjsmom11 (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• if you are tired i'm sorry... it is hard to get motivated when you have no energy... you just need to set a goal... like it's going to be easy delivering if i walk everyday... but eat or drink things that are all natural that will give you energy.. also check to see if your iron is low that could cause you to get tired also.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• go window shopping I spent a lot of late pregnancy time walking the malls. I didn't have to worry about weather , slipping and falling on ice or uneven ground
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I like the sound of that :)
    babyjsmom11

Comment by babyjsmom11 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I used to walk around the mall just to get out and about. I would stop and chit chat with people in between my walks, and it was nice to get otu and move around and have some social time.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Walking. get outside and get fresh air.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2010