do you want a big family or small...

i've always wanted a small one... i've was raised in a big family... but wanted a small one for myself... both my husband and i only want to kids.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 8:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wanted 5 kids. we will end up with 3.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I've accepted that I can afford a very small family so that I can give them everything they need.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• What is 'big' to some is 'small' to others. We have three kids... I guess that's sort of in-between. I'm an only child, so it seems big to me. We're happy with three and we're done.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I used to want big - can't afford it. 7 year old boy and 7 year old soon to be step girl. That will be all. :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We want a big family.
    Probably 4-5 biological children and we want to be foster parents and maybe adopt. It will all depends on how our financial situation is over time. We will probably end up with around 6 kids..we only have two now, but when we move into a house we will start being foster parents and maybe start on baby #3. :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 8:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I always wanted a big family but my husband didn't. We agreed on 3 kids. That was 12 years ago (that we agreed).
    We now have 5 kids (10, 9, 8, 4 and 5mo). We're done. They were all c-sections so, even though we could afford another, we won't risk my health.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Our family is average. Two parents, two kids. That's what I wanted and we're done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have always wanted a big family. Right now, we are so blessed with one son. Hoping and praying for more children. I would love nothing more for my son to grow up with a sibling/siblings.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have one child but I would like to think that one day we will be able to expand our family and add another child. I have never had a desire for a big family but I admire larger families. They feel cozy and such a sense of comradely from my outside looking in vantage point.  Adding another child would not be for my child to grow up having a sibling.  It would be because we can responsibly afford to raise two children, because we have the time and attention for two children, and because we want to share our lives with another child.  I do not believe it is the responsibility of another child to be the friend and playmate of my son I am currently raising.  But our next child will be an older child from foster care if we do decide to expand our family again. 

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I came from a big family and always hated it. My husband and I agreed on small family. We have one handsome son and he truly completes our family.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010