my 18 month old don has a diaper rash onhis scrotom. eveyrhtime i touch it he screams in pain. what can i do to help him. and could it be something else . it is red and inflamed and looks like rash around his thighs

jomama2467

Asked by jomama2467 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take him a bath, let it air dry then put diaper cream along with baby powder.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Give him a warm bath with 1/2 a cup of baking soda. Let him air dry for awhile and put lots of diaper cream on before his diaper. He should be right as rain in the morning :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 8:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Corn Starch!!! It works great. bathe him and dry good, very carefully. Put cornstarch on everything red.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• The bath may be painful, I love, love Desetine OVERNIGHT diaper rash cream, I swear by this stuff. My DD had a rash from a very sour bowel movement one time. Was at walmart and and about an hour away from home. Bought some of that and put it on her there and by the time I was home it had already looked awesome, it was totally gone by the morning.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• thrush most likely because the rash can spread and covers a large area.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• bath, diaper cream, baby powder, and if it is really bad then some medicine for pain
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 8:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• bring him to the dr it might be more severe then a diaper rash possibly a yeast infevtion or an allergy from the diapers or wipes
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 10:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2010