anybody else attend the university of phoenix online?

i am starting classes february 7th i am very excited but nervous as well! i have a 2 year old daughter and i am 18 weeks pregnant with my second. i know this is going to be alot of work but i have to do it for myself and my children! i was just wondering though if anyone else was doing the same thing and how their opinion about this school.

psylees_mommy

Asked by psylees_mommy at 8:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in

• No, but Ive been debating it!! Online classes are right up my ally LOL
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 9:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have heard some people have good experiences with it and some have horrible experiences. I choose a different online school just because UoP is a for-profit school and thusly looked down upon by many employers.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• wait what do you mean purpleducky?
    psylees_mommy

Comment by psylees_mommy (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Many employers do not like for-profit schools. They are viewed by many as just diploma mills where you get a diploma even if you don't do well. This is why I searched for an online school that is part of a traditional college that is a non-profit school.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• wow i didn't know that. thank you.
    psylees_mommy

Comment by psylees_mommy (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I won't hire University of Phoenix grads or grads from other for profit universities have been burned too many times as have other employers I know in the area. I stick to grads from reputable Universities who have good GPA's. I would steer clear of UofP and others like them.
    Anonymous

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

Next question in
Graduate Degrees

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Girl Scouts