Teen Mothers (previous teen mothers)

How old were you when you had your 1st baby?

Did you Finish High School? On Time?

Did you attend College? How Long Did it Take You to Finish?

Do you think being a mom slowed your progress or light a fire?
**********
18
Graduated @ 16 and started college
I took time off from college to have my son and bond and now I am 19 finishing my sophomore year @ college.

In my case I took time off for me, so I could bond, regather my goals. Now that I've been back in school I am taking way more than my share of units and my son has been a motivation to do well. So the fire has been lit.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 8:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• i had my first child less than a month after i turned 16. i still graduated on time, with honors. i went to college and graduated in 5yrs with honors. it took me an extra year because i changed majors. throughout school, having a child lit a fire in me to do well, but career wise i have had to pass up alot of amazing opportinities because i didnt think it would be a good decision for my son. this would have been true of any child i had before 30 though, not just the child i had in my teens. with that said, i still stand by my decision to have all my children before the age of 30. i will have plenty of time in my 40s to advance my career.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I was in mursing school when i had my son. My sons dad took off so i was now a single mom going to school it put more of a fire under me seeing i knew that I needed an income to proviede for us. Finished school when he was 2.5 years old and its been great with out him I think that I would have procrastinated like I had been doing. was going to school part time prior to him being born.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I had my dd at 19, so I was already done with school..dropped college due to a move an being a mom..my best friend, however, got pregnant at 16 graduated high school a year early, but didn't go to college. I think she wasn't sure herself of college..she's a great mom and has a good job.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• How old were you when you had your 1st baby? 17

Did you Finish High School? On Time? I graduated hight school when my daughter was 4 months old-on time- no help from parents, I was married.

Did you attend College? How Long Did it Take You to Finish? I went to college and it took 4 years.

Do you think being a mom slowed your progress or light a fire? Neither, my DH worked from home back then so he took care of the baby while I was in college. It took the normal ammount of years.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 8:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• How old were you when you had your 1st baby? 32

Did you Finish High School? On Time? Yes

Did you attend College? How Long Did it Take You to Finish? Yes took me 5 years but I had my MBA when I was done.

Do you think being a mom slowed your progress or light a fire? didn't do either. I already had a fire in my belly to do something with my life and provide the best like possible for any children I might have. I think having kids young would have stunted my growth as a person and put limits on my life and my childs life.
    Anonymous

• life*lol
    Anonymous