Anyone have some honeymoon ideas?

My fiance and I are getting married June 18, 2011. we are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination. We don't want to spend a lot of money, but we want to go somewhere nice and still be able to have fun. My idea is a beach, with white sand, and bright blue water and drinks, and sunshine. He wants to go to Europe or Amsterdam, which I'm down for, but I think it's too expensive.
Any thoughts?!

sugaree

Asked by sugaree at 8:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Travel

• for a honey moon I'd go with the beach idea. i've been to amsterdam and other parts of europe and while they are great that isn't exactly what I have in mind when I think of honey moon...you know what I mean? I think of relaxing on a honey moon not sight seeing...but I guess everyone likes different things...so that may be your thing. have you looked into punta cana? we went there once and loved it...would be a great honey moon destination. whatever you decide upon, enjoy and congrats!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We went to Sandals St Lucia... it's basically all inclusive... so a full  week cost $3200... and that included airfair.. It was AWESOME!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:54 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• you'd want to go some where romantic where it can be just about the 2 of you.... you should go for an island honeymoon.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Europe is expensive especially if you're American because our dollar sucks. I've been to France, Belgium and Holland and all are fantastic but you could probably find cheaper places that are just as beautiful. For beaches and good prices you good do Central or South America. I got married 4 years ago and never went on a honeymoon but if I had I wanted to go to Costa Rica. We might have a honeymoon for a future anniversary, but in Corsica!
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 6:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Bahamas!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• June is an expensive time to hit Europe and the Euro hurts us a little. That's a consideration but if you book ahead, you can get some cheap pensions and have a really nice time. Amsterdam is a very cool city with a lot to do and see. If you can swing it, go to Turkey. Once you get there, it's cheap as dirt.
    Beaches: what part of the world? The choices are endless. The Caribbean isn't cheap but there are places you can go. Depends a lot on your interests and budget. Congrats!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Secrets Resort & Spa!....Here's the website:

http://www.secretsresorts.com/

So romantic and honeymoon worthy for sure. We celebrated our anniversary at Silversands.
    All- inclusive, all-luxury , all suites and all-adult resorts. Most properties have 10 plus restaurants so you will not get bored, unlimited drinks, entertainments, exercise, 24 hour room service, spa, etc.

Highly recomended! ..Let me know if you would like added information.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 11:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2011