What is she doing?

Our Female cat has been wormed and is healthy but lately she is dragging her butt on the carpet. Her but is clean why is she doing that?

SarahMerritt_22

Asked by SarahMerritt_22 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pets

• constipation or masturbation dogs do the same thing
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 7:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• When was she wormed?? Doing it once doesn't mean she's good for life. :/
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 9:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Maybe her butt is itchy.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Anal Glands???

Dogs do it when their anal glands need to be emptied. Most dogs can't do this on their own and have to have someone do it for them.. not sure about cats though! Mine has never done that..my dog has though and I just gave her a bath and expressed the glands. ( that said.. I don't bathe cats... not since I quit grooming animals..too dangerous! LOL)
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• We just updated all her shots and wormed her and dh even (grosse as it is ) checked her poop to see if she had any. so we know that is not the problem
    SarahMerritt_22

Answer by SarahMerritt_22 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Check with the vet if she has a yeast infection. Animals often get them.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• worm her once a month, if youre worried take her to the vet, but some cats like to wipe their ass on the floor, is there ever poop there after she does it?
    Anonymous

• I am volunteer at a cat shelter and know that there could be a few reasons as to why your cat is dragging her butt on the floor. 1) anal glads are full. It tends to happen more in dogs but yes cats have that problem too. 2) I believe it is called flutd it is a lower urinary tract infection , but this is uncommon in female cats. 3) She may just have some irritation down there. But none the less they all mean a trip to the vet. Especially if you want the butt itching to end.
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 9:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I wormed my dog like 2 months ago and she has worms again...they werent in her poop but I found one crawling out of her butt...ewy!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• ive always heard the oil glands in the hole are blocked up. my friend worked at a groomer and her job was popping the blocked glands!
    2bbBoys

Answer by 2bbBoys at 6:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008