if i just lost my mucus plug does that mean i can go into labor in the next few hours.i am 40 weeks and 2days .i have been having contractions 10-15 min apart for 2 days

alishiaperez86

Asked by alishiaperez86 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Depends, how far along are you? You will lose pieces of it a lot in the latter parts of pregnancy and it replenishes itself.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• naw doesn't mean you WILL. could mean it. I lost mine two weeks before I had my babies
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Could be anytime now in the next 2-3 days maybe GL to you!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• no it doesnt mean u will. u could loose it and not go into labor for days or weeks.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• and ur contractions are usually 5mins or less to be in active labor
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i would pay more attention to the contractions....they are the only indicator of when labor is beginning. mucous plug doesn't mean anything. when the contractions are closer together (7min. or so) or in any pattern for more than a hour you should call your dr. gl though whenever the baby comes!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• (You could have gone into labor prior to seeing the plug or a couple of months after.)

Since you're at the mid-point of the due period, it's very likely to happen within these next couple of weeks.
    Losing the plug happens around the time of labor but isn't necessarily a direct indication.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Losing your plug does not really mean anything. Some can go with in a few hours, some a day or two, and some like me weeks before baby comes. Good luck though. You are over you due date so not much longer.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• NOPE!!! i lost mine when i was 7 1/2 months pregnant. i also was pregnant for 42 weeks. so now, it doesnt mean you will go into labor.
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My plug fell out two weeks before I went into labor. But I wasn't dialated or having any contractions. GL
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010