I am banished to my room for this! Seriously give me a break...mil...vent...

I have banished myself to my room in MY home to stay away from dh and mil! The story is this...I ran the dish washer last night. We have been gone all day. Mil was here alone. I came home to start dinner dh was helping me. He was looking for a small bowl I said dishes are clean. We did not even eat breakfast before we left today. He got a bowl out and it was dirty. The entire dishwasher was full of the dishes I did last night and whatever was used after I started the wash. Mil says I took them out and rinsed them. Dh says I guess dishes need to be done by hand then. WHAT?! Now mil is crying he is mad at me, I am in my room staying away! Then he says I will be going out after dinner, I said take your mother to if she is so upset, he said I am going alone! I feel like I am losing my mind!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 8:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• i dont think she is really concerned with the dirty dishes.. its more to that and every little thing is pushing her further over the edge,

GL honey, i suggest you tell your hubby that things need to change and you two need to have a house of your own so you can have your life together not a life with him and his mother.. he is supposed to cut the cord when he said i do.
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I would be gone when he got home. Just my thoughts
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 8:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Just run the dishwasher again. say it`s no biggie. You have the power to be the bigger person. It`ll be ok. If my mil acted like that i would be upset too. But she loves me and it makes it easier to love her. You can take the first step to accepting her the way she is.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Tears? Crying? Really? You all have to get over yourselves, and turn the dishwasher back on. WTH? Your DH is being childish and immature, and you aren't behaving a whole lot better. Tell your MIL to dry up, and make the best of it. GeeZ, why all the turmoil?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• go out too
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 8:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would love to go out too but we have our second car in the shop!
    Noosa

Comment by Noosa (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I agree this is stupid this would be why I walked away!
    Noosa

Comment by Noosa (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Noosa, is this the same MIL who's costing you a fortune?

You ought to know that your clean dish problem is not unique. MILLIONS of people across the country are finding that their dishwashers aren't getting their dishes clean. NPR actually did a story on it recently. The reason? Detergent manufacturers have dropped phosphates in their products. Phosphates make the detergent work better.

Here's a link to the story: http://www.npr.org/2010/12/15/132072122/it-s-not-your-fault-your-dishes-are-still-dirty

Now. End your self imposed exile, show the article to hubby and MIL. Then you can ring the curtain down on your personal soap opera.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Does your MIL live with you? Maybe you should put a sign on the dishwasher to let them know when they are clean or dirty. Then you won't have to worry about them knowing or not knowing whether they are clean or not. I admit it's silly. But they are making a big deal about it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I would tell him if he thinks they should now be done by hand... that it's okay... him or his mother will be the ones doing them tho.
    Once in a while one of my kids will open the dishwasher door while it's on or I'll pause it right after I start it to throw something else in that I missed and forget to hit the reset button... it's really nothing to get worked up about.
    Your mother in law messed up when she put her two cents in... that's just my opinion. I might would give the job to her to push that dang button to start it, and unload it since she thinks you're doing it wrong... heck they can rotate out.. but I've got a short temper sometimes so I'd almost bet I'd be going out and getting some paper plates etc and tell them that they can use those or wash the dishes themselves since it seemed to be that both of them think you can't push the button...
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2010