do hospitals in florida drug test when you give birth .if u test positive will they not let u take ur baby home?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like a good idea to me

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No, generally not. We aren't THAT communistic yet...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Only if you come in obviously trashed,or reek of pot
    CPS is called,and its up to them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If they don't I sure hope they start! That way they could save children from druggie parents from birth instead of after they have grown to children in an environment of drugs and most likely abuse.

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• they will take your child if the baby has it in there systom if the mother does i bealive they wait untill the mother is sober

Answer by cielo1 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• When they take your urine when you go in for delivery, and blood, they are testing your body for drugs, among other things. At least that's what they do here in IN and I don't know why it'd be any different anywhere else. I think they should do it.

Answer by genagina at 8:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• idk i know they do in GA and TN they proply do there to and in some cases they do and then they dont i know people that failed it for weed and took there kid/kids home but there was a girl in the hospital the same time i was when i had DS and she failed for a number of things and the child was taken from her.

Answer by braylinsmommie at 8:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• They do in GA. I went in with HBP when I was 17 and they thought I was drunk because I was pale and extremely dizzy. Boy, did they feel like shit after it came back negative.

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• sabrina you did say yet...we are getting at the local TSC said they have NO control over their heat or music....commy...

Answer by JazzyJes at 9:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• omg. do you have something to be worried about??
    IMO i thikn ALL hospitals should drug test, itd save alot of babies lives.

Answer by JT32606 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2010