have you ever heard of strep...................................

Thumb????
How about strep-butt??????
when my oldest son was in day care at the age of 3 he got strep-butt. the daycare provider forgot to wash hands in between kids. He was put on an antibiotic for 5 days with some butt cream until it cleared up.
My youngest likes to clip his own fingernails,( He always finds the clippers no matter how good I hide them) He sometimes clips them down too far. On the last day of school, before Christmas break, he must of come in contact with the strep virus because his thumb (on the pad) was swollen about the size of a nickel . the doctor drained it and put him on an antibiotic for 5 days. It is getting better.
You should never wipe your nose, then wipe your private area with the same tissue. If you have a cold or other virus you could pass it from your nose to your vagina. I work in a long term care facility we are always trying to prevent our old people from doing that.
just a little FYI for the new year!!

justgrape723

Asked by justgrape723 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• I agree anon needs to get over herself....my Dr told me that my DD's "strep butt" came because she was pooping out the virus that was in her throat....that had not been all the way killed by the antibiotic....strep infected a tiny unseen cut on her bottom...causing the "strep butt"

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes I actually have!!! I never knew strep could be as serious as it is until last year...my son had strep....went on antibiotic....about 3 weeks after...his lymph node became swollen to the size of a baseball overnight....he had to have it surgically drained.....horrible experience...

It was the strep in his throat that had moved to his lymph node and set up came....ugggg...

My dd has had it on her bottom too.....Dr said it was from her throat and she was pooping out the virus and it infected a cut or something on her bottom....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• well that's why they test you for strep (do a vaginal swab) right before you're going to give birth....it can be anywhere.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i didn't know you could get it on your butt!!
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I heard of things that I had no idea existed till I had my daughter in daycare. I swear, the kids in daycare bring in everything! The strep-butt I didn't know about though. I can say I learned something new today thanks to you =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I never knew this .Thankyou for the information
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 9:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have heard of it spreading to other body parts, yes.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• It can spread to other body parts.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• oh good God anon. I was using "strep -but" as well as "strep- thumb"t as an example of how easily strep can be spread.
    it was a word of caution. Because when I told friends and family about my son having strep on his thumb they didn't know it could be any where else other than the throat.
    get over your self. Nice hiding behind the anon BTW at least I can post who I am........
    Sometime saying nothing at all is better than opening your mouth and inserting your foot, some advice for you........
    justgrape723

Comment by justgrape723 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It's not strep-butt, it's a hepatitis - it went through the daycare that used to be across the street from me. Among daycare workers it's called "poopy finger disease". Yes, you can spread strep to your nethers, but it's still not strep-butt.
    Anonymous