do you feel less than what you are when people ask you what your job is?

i feel so low life even though i souldnt becaus ebeing a housewife and mommy is a full time job i still feel less. and my family makes me feel like im a loser because i left highschool to marry my hub and i went to germany for the army. should i feel like this .. like feel sorry for myself or feel less than other people?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I usually feel proud b/c most of the women who work who find out I am a SAHM....are very jealous.

I also feel better b/c I DO have a degree in Elementary Education, but I CHOOSE to stay at home.
    Anonymous

• well, i'm a sahm and i don't feel bad about it. on the other hand i am also a college graduate. i think you feel worse about dropping out of high school than simply being a sahm. why don't you work on getting your ged? you can do it online.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No way!! You be proud to be making a home for your family and raising your children yourself!!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No I dont, because I hold the most important job there is in this country...I am responsible for the well being of 2 boys who will grow to one day be dads and possible leaders of this country..1 daughter who will take advantage of all the rights the women liberation has given us....I AM A MOTHER..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• no you should not feel like this. it does not matter how other people feel about you. as long as you are proud of yourself, being a full-time housewife and mommy is alot as is. my family has never been proud of anything i've ever done. i am a full-time mom, i also go to college part-time, and i work part-time. me and my husband married each other back in august 2007. we had our son when we were 17 years old and just graduated high school so i do know how it feels to have people think that you are beneath them my family hates me but i am proud of my life and you should be to. and on top of everything else you were in the army which is a lot of hard work. im proud of you.
    timsangel

Answer by timsangel at 9:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No. Say you`re a sahm with pride and people will notice that. Ive had people tell me that is an important job. It is! Just joke and say "Yes, I`m ready for a vacation!" :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• ohh yes i guess you guys put it in good perspective ... btw timsangel its not me that joined the army it was my hubby he went there and i went there too to live with him i meant
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No. I am PROUD to be able to stay home with my perfect Son and not miss every moment of His Life. But what I AM sick of is people thinking I have all the time in the world and if I don't answer their call or text back right away, they get all huffy. It's like, excuse me - I am BUSY taking care of my Child and Home..I DO have a Life! lol. Be proud of what you do and don't let others try to make you feel otherwise!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I don't, I thought I would but, nope. My husband helps me with that though. He defends me with everything when someone asks "what does your wife do?" He reminds them that he works a lot of hours and I am at home with 6 children all day, I make all their meals, walk them to school and back, pick up after them and him. He doesn't allow anyone to put me down for "only being a housewife." My mother was a SAHM, my MIL was a SAHM (even though she likes to say shit about me,) my grandmothers were SAHMs. You just have to be strong in your position that you are doing what is best for your family and don't allow people to get to you and your husband also needs to take up for you.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I think you just need to realize what you want and what makes you happy. We all have different needs. Now that I am pregnant I am considering going part time and hopefully having as much time as I can being a mom. I think if you are happy staying at home then good for you!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 9:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010