Beth Moore BSF... anyone ever participate in it? (XTIAN LADIES)

So, I've never done one, and I'm curious...there are a few starting up in January, but I'm not sure I'll like going. Most women I've talked to loved them..however, I don't do well in groups of women, KWIM?
What was your experience/opinion of it?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 9:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I LOVE Beth Moore studies! Fourty eight hours after I got saved, we started one in the ladies group at our church. It was "Jesus, the One and Only." And it was incredible! We also did "Beloved Disciple", which is the study of the Apostle John. And, we also did "Breaking Free." It is a life-changing study. Most anything Beth does is great. She is so anoited of God, and allows Him to use her,and work through her so mightily. Basically, you will get a workbook, do a study everyday at home,that takes about an hour, then once a week, you meet, watch a dvd, and discuss the dvd, and what you did over the week. It's really a great time of fellowship and worship.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I've been involved with 4 Beth Moore studies and I enjoyed all of them. I especially like the DVDs of Beth. Some of the studies have a bit more "homework" than I had time for but even if I didn't get it done, I would go to the meetings. I think you'll enjoy it and get a lot out of it.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Taking Christ out of Christmas isn't about just spelling it Xmas. There are those who feel that everyone should remember Jesus and his birth during Christmas, though nowadays its such a secular holiday that many, especially nonChristians, celebrate without the Jesus aspect. (not saying this is my opinion, but its one we see)

And OP, I'm sorry, but I've never done one of those...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i think alot of people don't understand that x is another way of saying christ. i think some people think it's like omitting christ from the word, but that's not the case.
    anyway, op, dullscissors, lol i totally forgot to actually answer the question. it's a bible study right? i used to actally head up a fellowship bible study for my church, and i found it to be very interesting and rewarding. i don't usually like being in groups of women either, but i didn't have a problem in bible study. i say try it a couple of weeks and see how you like it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Beloved Disciple is so good! I have heard of David, but I've not had the chance to do it yet. Either one sounds great to me.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I've done "A Womans Heart, God's Dwelling Place", "Breaking Free", "When Godly People do Ungodly Things", "Esther: It's Tought Being A Woman." I loved them! Beth Moor is highly annointed and so in tune with the word. At the church where I did them, the study guides were optional (there's usually a cost) but they further your personal understanding. Also, if you did get the guide but didn't do all the work, no one condemned you for it. You also watch weekly video's and those are amazing. I would suggest going and at least giving it a try. If you don't like it you can stop.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I've never, but a friend of mine has and she loved it...sorry I couldn't be of more help! I hope you enjoy it!
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 8:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• genagina.....x is the latin letter for christ
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No disrespect, but that does not answer my query, gena.
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Ugh..I was not hateful..but you are wasting space on my post. Have you done a BSF? if yes, tell me about it. If not...
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2010