Would you move closer to home, just because you were lonely?

I am in my mid 30's,divorced,attractive,and so lonely and isolated that I cant think clearly...I moved an hour away from my parents siblings,etc...in August because the school system was rated extremely high and moving away from my ex also seemed like a plus..fast forward 5 months and im glad I moved so I would know what I was missing,but even though the schools are better,the children are still problematic and theres nothing the schools will do because its a public school.I miss not seeing my parents and grandmother as much as I would like to,but 2 out of the 3 siblings that I have intentionally lie to me and I dont miss all that negativity..im so confused about what to do..I am trying to decide if I am moving back because if so it will be during the summer.I am also considering opening a business that may do better here because there isnt one where I currently live,but I dont know if even that would make me happy.I dont have many friends at all,and besides my kids I have nothing else in my life,any advise please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• If you would be better off financially where you are then I would stay there and plan more frequent trips home. I live in Montana so an hours drive is nothing her, just a commute lol. But if you believe that you and the kids would be better off back home then go, Could you possibly afford a private school or conseling/behavior modification for the kids?

I would also recommend joining some activities to find more friends, which I think would help to alleviate some of your homesickness.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You should just weigh out your pros and cons. Make a list of the good and bad of each situation but also remember that some "bad" things could be petty little things that don't really matter in the long run. Think long and hard about which would make you happiest but also think about which would be most practical and helpful in the future and then decide what's more important to you. That's all you can do. You have plenty of time to think on it, don't stress.

I moved here from Russia 5 years ago to live with my aunt and to get an education because family life was so hard back in Russia and I would have barely made it. It was literally just my unmarried aunt here and I dealt with her craziness while being lonely and missing my family back in Russia and eventually decided what I needed was to make friends and meet people so I did. It's lonely without family but I've got great friends and I'm doing better than ever.
    menko21

Answer by menko21 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My family drives me crazy, so I'd stick around where I am and make a life for myself.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2010