Am I in the wrong or is it OK to want a all girls day?

My husband and our son is having a all boy, boy scout, weekend in January. So I decided to ask my Mom if she wanted to do an all girls day maybe take my two daughters to someplace fun and just have us together, we never have done that yet. Any way she takes my nephew every weekend and does stuff with him all the time she asked what about him. Is it wrong of me to want a Grandmother, Mother, (Grand)Daughter day? I just though it would be fun just us nothing against my nephew I just wanted to have an all girl day. So am I in the wrong or is there a way of telling her this without her getting upset?

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• i would tell her that she spends time with him every weekend....i'm sure he can find something else to do. maybe he could go to the all boy weekend with your hubby instead.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm sure she can live without seeing him one day...surely!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Nope, it isn't wrong at all.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Not wrong at all and its great bonding time
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• There's absolutely nothing wrong with that...Just explain to her how important it is to you that your girls get to spend some girly time with their grandmom....As well as how much being with her would make you feel.....Have fun..Take pictures for scrapbook for the girls to look back on...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Just say next weekend yall call make a playdate for him and your family. and let her know its an all girls day.
    Smiles0305

Answer by Smiles0305 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No, I don't think it's wrong at all. I think it's a very sweet idea. Depending on how young your nephew is though, you may want to make other plans for him, so he doesn't feel sad. Are you going to paint your nails and watch chick flicks? lol.......Mine is too young for that yet, but I can't wait!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Your Mom should be Honored that you want to have a Girly Only Day with her & your daughters- i would just be honest with her:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• NOTHING WRONG WITH I HAVE THEM EVERY KNOW AND THEN I IN A HOUSE W/ MY MOM ,SO,15 YO ,7YOAND6YO AND THATS TO MANY MALES TO BE AROUND ALL DAY
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Sit her down, speak from your heart. If she loves you, she'll understand...
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 11:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010