Need a new idea...

My daughter's school is doing a bake sale as a fund raiser & moms are to bring a pan of bars...any idea's on what kind is a good kind for a bake sale?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 7 layer bars are good!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Rice Krispies with sprinkles are my favorite. My sons favorite though are your traditional recipe of chocolate chip cookies cooked in bar form.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Agree with PP, both great ideas. Brownies would be good too.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Granola! Home made granola is so good. So much better than what you can get at the store. Not only does it sell well, at least it did at the sales I went to, but it also brings in more cash. The ingredients tend to cost more so the price is slightly higher for each bar. I have seen variations of RiceKrispies  with different fun things in them. Although, I personally have not had one in well over a decade or more. Can't stand those things.  Lemon bars or any real fruit filling in a crispy and fluffy pastry bar would work well.  Yum.  Cherry or lemon are my personal favorites.  Chocolate bars!  Home made candy bars in the shapes of whatever mold you have on hand.  We have a race car mold.  You can melt down all that Christmas candy.  Wrap the bars in creatively decorated covers and you may have a real hit on your hands.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2010