Internet service providers in Metro Detroit

I have comcast but want to seek someone else. But I swear it seems like Comcast owns the entire Metro area...anybody else out here know who I can use. or if you live out of state do you know of some other provider? I know for sure I can not use At&t...they dont have lines out here.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am in Warren MI and we go through Wide Open West. We had Comcast for a while and switched due to the poor service
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm in the rural areas of southern Michigan about 2 hours west of Detriot. Not only can I not get Comcast but we do not have the digital phone lines either! I have an Alltel Aircard that is unlimited for everything and high speed. I actually purchased it thru the same store front that I purchased our Dish Network system. They were able to test my location to see if I would get good reception with the Aircard before I purchased it. It cost about $130 about 2 years ago but they had a rebate at the time and I think the final cost was $100. It does have a monthly fee of $61 and some cents. It plugs into a usb port on your computer and was extremely easy to set up. I went out and bought a router though and plugged it into the router. This allows all our teens to access the internet thru WiFi on multiple devices. We even do the Instant Play movies off of Netflix thru our WII using this. I am more than pleased with it!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2010