Inducing labor at home?

I am 38 weeks today. 1cm, still thick and my doctor said my cervix is still high.
I am so done being pregnant lol. I am miserable.
I have been bouncing on an excersise ball, walking and even tried pumping and of course sex.

any other ideas? tips? any thing that worked for you?

help ! :/

MmmmMamaBear

Asked by MmmmMamaBear at 9:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, those tricks work if your body is just about read to have the baby. If not, those tricks don't do much. However, have you tried castor oil? I will try to sprinkle labor dust your way!!!!
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 9:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My next appointment is Jan. 3 I am going to ask my doctor before I do the castor oil lol. I just want some more ideas.

thanks!
    MmmmMamaBear

Comment by MmmmMamaBear (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• just keep as active as you can and make sure you are drinking lots of water, eating well and getting as much rest as possible. There really isnt anyway to make the baby come before he/she is ready other than an induction, but keeping active can help things progress naturally. Please do not try castor oil...it really only works if you are ready anyway and it will make you spend a while in the bathroom, it can also dehydrate you very easily.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It's pretty obvious baby isn't ready to come out, if nothing's working. Don't take castor oil, too many bad side effects. You may be sick of it and done, but it's not up to you. Relax and wait.
    Anonymous

• sex, nipple simulation (be careful pumping, u dont want to stimulate too long continuously, can cause dangerously long contractions), eating pineapple (ripen cervix), castol oil, black/blue cohosh, asking your doctor to strip your membranes etc.
    kness7

Answer by kness7 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You are doing all the right things, what you need now is a big dose of PATIENCE!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2010